When planning anything as major as a move, proper preparation is essential. You should begin looking for movers at least several months in advance, especially if you are moving during peak season (May to September). The best way to find out how much to budget for your interstate move is to get a quote. The main areas you need to pay attention to are each company’s range of services, years of experience, and available resources. Here are some tips on how to choose an interstate moving company:
- Thoroughly research moving companies
- Hire movers with years of experience
- Interstate moving companies should have the proper credentials
- Get written estimates on all bids
- Check with the Better Business Bureau to view a company’s service history
- Work with a licensed moving company
To avoid any discord, ask a lot of questions and learn your rights and responsibilities when moving. Great movers will have the knowledge to properly answer all of your questions and address your concerns.